29. April 2007

Which is the Longest domain name (blog name) in Blogspot ?

I had an idea of creating longest and unique domain name(subdomain or blog name ) in blospot. I gave a try to a…..z alphabets in the blog name but blogspot rejected it. but my Fren and Roommate Bhim Karki has come up with a great idea and successfully created a self proclaimed longest domain (subdomain ,blog name ) in blogspot . And i personally also think his blog’s domain is the longest one in blogspot . Though there is no such official remark as to his blog is the one having longest URL address ( blog name , domain name ) in blogspot. and i dont think remark will be made in this subject .But till date the longest Blog name or domain name or blogspot subdomain name is Bhim Karki owned blog THE LONGEST DOMAIN NAME IN BLOGSPOT ( http://thisisthelongestdomainnameinblogspot.blogspot.com/ ) . The longest domain name in the world is

llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogochuchaf.org.uk

The domain name is the name of the village of Welsh which is the longest name in Britain. This has 63 characters (70 including the org.uk) and is the upper (old) part of the village of Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch. The ending “uchaf” is the welsh for “higher” or “upper”.

The village name was also used in the 1960’s cult film “Barbarella”(Jane Fonda) as the password for Dildano’s headquarters.

And the longest .com domain name in the world is similar to above and it is http://llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch.com/

1. Dave From UNITED KINGDOM (UNITED KINGDOM) Wrote on 15. April 2010 at 2:14 am

I don’t see the point of ridiculously long domain names.

2. Dave From UNITED KINGDOM (UNITED KINGDOM) Wrote on 21. April 2010 at 10:28 pm

I don’t see the point in having ridiculously long domain names. It should be short and catchy and more importantly, memorable!

3. Dave From UNITED KINGDOM (UNITED KINGDOM) Wrote on 21. April 2010 at 10:30 pm

Whoops sorry, i didn’t realise I posted the same thing the other day! I thought it was a different blog on the same thing!

4. Tılsım 95.7.93.152 not found Wrote on 18. May 2010 at 6:48 pm

5. turk sohbet From TURKEY (TURKEY) Wrote on 25. May 2010 at 1:58 am

thank you for comments.

6. cinsel sohbet From TURKEY (TURKEY) Wrote on 06. June 2010 at 12:45 am

good site thanks..thank you

7. Cografya dersi From TURKEY (TURKEY) Wrote on 22. June 2010 at 10:14 pm

Cografya Dersi

8. Cografya dersi From TURKEY (TURKEY) Wrote on 22. June 2010 at 10:26 pm

cografya dersi,cografya etkinlikleri,cografya konulari,cografya video anlatimi,cogarfya kpss,cografya lys ve ygs

Cografya Dersi

9. Webhosting From INDIA (INDIA) Wrote on 27. August 2010 at 4:50 pm

Great to know about the longest domain name but, still not clear as competents are there. I would suggest to create a poll on the blog and other social networking sites like ibibo, facebook and I am sure will come to know. Waiting for correct answer (longest domain name for blog and for website).

10. dell destek From TURKEY (TURKEY) Wrote on 01. September 2010 at 11:24 am

thanks for useful and succesfull sharings.

11. Marcus From GERMANY (GERMANY) Wrote on 12. September 2010 at 7:14 pm

There’s a new domain name generator on http://www.dombuddy.com that comes with a free desktop domain name generator for Windows and Mac.

12. Tauno From UNITED KINGDOM (UNITED KINGDOM) Wrote on 04. November 2010 at 5:35 am

Also see http://www.namestation.com for domain name ideas. It is a domain name generator that uses a variety of methods to come up with available domains – keyword lists, dictionary domains, fast bulk search.

13. Online Personal dating USA From INDIA (INDIA) Wrote on 10. March 2011 at 11:52 am

Waw, Good To See World’s longest Domain Name.

Good Luck.

14. kuran halkalari 95.0.141.244 not found Wrote on 19. March 2011 at 9:58 pm

its difficult to decide it

15. Lister Hosting 94.193.53.247 not found Wrote on 21. March 2011 at 4:15 am

Ha ha that is so funny

16. cambalkon From TURKEY (TURKEY) Wrote on 30. August 2011 at 12:04 am

Great to know about the longest domain name but, still not clear as competents are there. I would suggest to create a poll on the blog and other social networking sites like ibibo, facebook and I am sure will come to know. Waiting for correct answer.

17. cambalkon From TURKEY (TURKEY) Wrote on 30. August 2011 at 12:05 am

Whoops sorry, i didn’t realise I posted the same thing the other day! I thought it was a different blog on the same thing.

18. cambalkon From TURKEY (TURKEY) Wrote on 30. August 2011 at 12:06 am

19. cambalkon From TURKEY (TURKEY) Wrote on 30. August 2011 at 12:09 am

I don’t agree with the blogspot domain name as anyone can create it within few minutes.

20. cambalkon From TURKEY (TURKEY) Wrote on 30. August 2011 at 12:10 am

Having long names are good just for the records, I dont see any point of it otherwise. Unless and until its compelling enough to read again, no one will bother with bookmarks.

21. profil From TURKEY (TURKEY) Wrote on 30. August 2011 at 12:12 am

I’d be interested in an updated GoogleAnalytics chart (may be two with about six weeks coverage), just to see if the effect did wear off after a while and also, did others link to your new name with the same link-text (allinurl:…).
I hope you will publish a follow up.

22. profil From TURKEY (TURKEY) Wrote on 30. August 2011 at 12:13 am

I’d be interested in an updated GoogleAnalytics chart (may be two with about six weeks coverage), just to see if the effect did wear off after a while and also, did others link to your new name with the same link-text.

23. aluminyum From TURKEY (TURKEY) Wrote on 30. August 2011 at 12:17 am

Having long names are good just for the records, I dont see any point of it otherwise. Unless and until compelling enough to read again, no one will bother with bookmarks.

24. Ultimatch From PHILIPPINES (PHILIPPINES) Wrote on 17. November 2011 at 8:09 am

Well, thanks for this information. It didn’t across to my mind to research the world longest domain,now lucky me i read this article and i found it very interesting. Great!